top of page
Immigrant Visa

If you want to become an immigrant (a foreign national who has been authorized to live and work permanently in the United States) based on the fact that you have a permanent employment opportunity in the United States, or if you are an employer that wants to sponsor someone for lawful permanent residency based on permanent employment in the United States, the foreign national must fall into one of the categories below:

  • First Preference (EB-1 priority workers): aliens with extraordinary ability, outstanding professors and researchers, and certain multinational executives and managers.

  • Second Preference (EB-2 workers with advanced degrees or exceptional ability): aliens who are members of the professions holding advanced degrees or their equivalent and aliens who because of their exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business will substantially benefit the national economy, cultural, or educational interests or welfare of the United States.

  • Third Preference (EB-3 professionals, skilled workers, and other workers): aliens with at least two years of experience as skilled workers, professionals with a baccalaureate degree, and others with less than two years experience, such as an unskilled worker who can perform labor for which qualified workers are not available in the United States.

  • Fourth Preference (EB-4 special workers such as those in a religious occupation or vocation): aliens who, for at least two years before applying for admission to the United States, have been a member of a religious denomination that has a non-profit religious organization in the United States, and who will be working in a religious vocation or occupation at the request of the religious organization.

  • Fifth Preference (EB-5 Employment Creation) If you would like to be granted immigrant status in the United States for the purpose of engaging in a new commercial enterprise, please see Lawful Permanent Residence through Investment. Permanent resident status is available to investors, either alone or coming with their spouse and unmarried children.

Non-Immigrant Visa
  • H-1B Professionals with at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in work experience may be eligible for a non-immigrant visa if the position requires such a degree. Their employers should demonstrate that they are paid at least the prevailing wage for the job.





  • L – Intra Company Transferee – L-1 visas are available to executives, managers and specialized employees moving to their employer’s U.S. affiliate sites. Executives and managers holding L-1 visas may be eligible for permanent residency without the need for a labor certification.


  • O1, O2 – Extraordinary Ability– The O-1 category is for foreign nationals with extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, athletics, education, or business.


  • P1P2P3 – Athletes and Group Entertainers – For athletes, artists, and entertainers.



  • R – Religious Vocation or Profession – Religious workers include ordained clergy and those who have taken religious vows, as well as religious professionals such as choral directors, teachers of religion, and so forth.


bottom of page